About this Collection
We are excited to announce that we will be recycling Christmas Trees for this second year.
This season our volunteers will be collecting the trees between 7th - 8th January from the following postcodes:
BH11 BH12 BH14
Register your tree by Sunday 6th January 2019 11pm.
We are hoping to raise £2,000 for Lewis-Manning Hospice – that will pay for two days of Day Hospice care for all the patients at the Hospice! All care given to our patients and their families is free, so every penny truly helps us to care for those who need our specialist care.
- £7 – can pay for 1 hour of art therapy for a patient where they can improve motor skills, express feelings and enjoy beauty
- £17 – can pay 2 days of delicious home cooked meals for a patient in our End of Life unit
- £23 – can pay for a hours’ worth of nursing care in our End of Life unit
- £40 - pays for 1 week’s delivery of piped oxygen for a room for a patient in one of our End of Life bedrooms
- £72 – could pay for a two hour session with our Better Breathing Nurse. Here a patient will learn new techniques for breathing freely, moving well and feeling better
We would like to say a special thank you to Eco and Abacus Van Hire for providing recycling and van hire for the day. We would also like to thank J.P. Morgan from Bournemouth for helping to collect the trees.
For further information about the Christmas tree collection or if you would like to get involved, please get in touch with Vanessa Howden-Smith on tel: 01202 708470 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Hospice
Lewis-Manning Hospice is located on Evening Hill overlooking the beautiful Poole Harbour. We care for patients with life-limiting conditions from diagnosis to end of life, providing extraordinary care and personal support for both patients and their families.
The need for the Hospice and all it provides is urgent and growing. Every day people are dying in a busy hospital ward or isolated at home when they could be in the compassionate and tranquil environment of Lewis-Manning Hospice.
We are the only local non-NHS hospice, providing specialist care for Poole, Bournemouth and the surrounding areas. At Lewis-Manning we ensure that everyone we care for lives the best life possible before they die and that families are supported every step of the way.
Each year we need to raise over £3.1 million to keep the Hospice running.
‘I thought it would be like hospital but it is more like home. Everyone is so caring, they can’t do enough for you and they are so happy, always smiling. I sit here looking out onto the garden watching the birds and the squirrels and couldn’t wish to be in a better place. I never thought I would die in such a lovely place.’ – Patient in our End of Life Unit