About this Collection
Thank you for your interest in the Christmas tree collection.
Registration is now closed. We are not accepting any further trees. Please do not try to register your tree.
Collections will be between Friday 10th January and Sunday 12th January 2019.
Here’s where your donation will make a difference in providing fund for vital patient care-
- By donating £13.50 you could fund half an hour of vital nursing care
- You could pay for a session of art therapy for a patient by donating £19
- By donating £30 you could pay for an hours’ time of a Nurse working on our Inpatient Unit
- Your donation of £63 could pay for a Hospice at Home Carer’s bag.
Please ensure your tree is in the designated area as stated on sign up by Friday 11th January to ensure a speedy collection clearly marked ‘Dorothy House pick up’.
We more than doubled last year’s fundraising total for our annual Christmas tree collection raising £27,261.51*
Volunteers collected over 2,360 trees, in 2019 across nine postcodes in BaNES, Somerset and Wiltshire. The Christmas tree collection has grown considerably since our first collection in January 2017 which raised £6,395.90. Local charities benefiting from monies raised from the collection in 2019 were:
- Wessex 4 x 4 Response - £800
- Active and In Touch - £563.07
- St Louis Catholic Primary School - £563.08
- The volunteers from Wessex Water who assisted with the collection nominated for the monies (£800) allocated to them to be given to the hospice.
* After operating costs and including Gift Aid
If you wish to get involved with the collection or need to contact Dorothy House Hospice, you may get in touch with Steph Cox in Fundraising on tel 01225 721480 or email email@example.com.
About the Hospice
Dorothy House Hospice Care supports people with life-limiting illness, their families and carers. Your help is vital and ensures we can provide palliative and end-of-life care across our 700sq miles. From diagnosis and throughout the journey, we enable patients to live life to the fullest and provide compassionate care to die with dignity.
We are the local Hospice for Bath and North East Somerset and parts of Wiltshire and Somerset, the majority of our care is delivered in the home and the community. All our services are free of charge but providing these services requires significant funds and for every £1 we receive from the NHS, we have to raise £5.
The support of our local community is vital and helps us to be there when it matters most. Thank you for standing with us.