About this Collection
Thank you for your interest in the Christmas tree collection in aid of St Ann's Hospice and other local charities. This year, we surpassed our target of 3,000 trees and in fact collected more than 3,076 trees from between the 10th and 12th January and this has raised a staggering £36,610.31 (after costs and including Gift Aid).
£30,020.21 has been donated to St Ann's Hospice and the remaining £6,589.80 has been allocated to be distributed to local charities so far as nominated by the volunteers as follows:
- Bramhall Cricket Club (£400.00)
- Trinity Cricket Club (£350.00)
- Francis House as nominated by Burnage Rugby Club (£400.00)
- Francis House as nominated by Didsbury CC (£350.00)
- Beechwood Cancer Care (£350.00) as nominated by Reuben Fielding who provides the use of his tractor and trailers for transporting the chippings
- Seashell Trust as nominated by Oscar Pet Food (£200.00)
- Manchester Children's Hospital (£300.00)
- Manchester Cathedral Country Home (£300.00)
- Kinder Mountain Rescue (£400.00)
- 1st Withington Scouts (£100.00)
- 3rd Swinton Scouts (£100.00)
- 3rd Hazel Grove Scouts (£400.00)
- Stockport Girl Guides (£100.00)
- 4th Bramhall Scouts (£250.00)
- 1st Heaton Norris Scout Group (£400.00)
- Action for Sick Children (£100.00)
- Emmie's Kitchen (£139.80)
- Percy's Fund (£100.00) as nominated by Neil Hartford, tree surgeon who assisted with chipping the Christmas trees.
- Sale & District Scout Groups have asked for their donation to go to St Ann's Hospice (£500.00)
- Spectrum Plant Hire who donated the chippers have asked for their donation to go to St Ann's Hospice (£400.00)
- Arboricultural Services Treework Ltd have asked for their donation to go to St Ann's Hospice (£400.00)
Special thanks go to House on the Hill, Famous Henry's and Oscar Pet Food who kindly sponsored the leaflets.
We would like to express our sincere thanks to all our volunteers, local businesses, sports clubs and communities who donate their time and services without whom, this event could not operate:
Almond Family Pubs, Binzilla, Bouygues Energies Services, Bowdon RUFC, Bramhall Cricket Club, Burnage Rugby Football Club, Cardinal Maritime, Construction Q, Famous Henrys, Four Heatons Trading Association, Heatons Scouts, House on the Hill, Lovell Homes, Oscar Pet Food, PWC, Romiley and Marple Lions, SK Magazine, Stockport Lamplighter Rotary Club, 3rd Hazel Grove Scouts, 1st Withington Scouts, 3rd Swinton Scouts, 4th Bramhall Scouts and Scouts from 11th, 14th and 17th Sale, Sale Central and 2nd Brooklands.
For enquiries about the Christmas tree collection or if you would like volunteer to help, please email email@example.com
*After operating costs and including Gift Aid. After costs 80% of the monies raised is donated to St Ann's Hospice and 20% is donated to local charities and other non-for profit organisations as nominated by the volunteers helping with the collection.
About the Hospice
St Ann’s Hospice is a charity which cares for thousands of people with life-limiting illnesses every year.
The hospice provides a free service to patients, carers and their loved ones from three sites in Greater Manchester, and a range of outreach services, supporting patients in the local community and their own homes.
Around a third of St Ann’s funding comes from the NHS, the rest from donations and the kind support of people who raise money to help patients and their families. Every penny makes a real difference to those who really need it–right when they need it most.